Acide hyaluronique – Let’s see more clearly !CF
Hyaluronic acid – What is it ?
Hyaluronic acid is found naturally in the dermis but also in the joints or even in the vitreous humor of the eye.
It behaves like a sponge that gets wet with water, thus contributing to a good hydration of the skin and giving it a luscious appearance.
Nevertheless hyaluronic acid decreases with age and the aesthetic medicine was quick to use it in creams and then in injection in the treatment of wrinkles or for the hydration of the skin.
It is today the most reliable anti aging product on the market because it is biodegradable and does not cause any risk of allergy. It has an immediate filling effect and brings
- Hydratation of the skin
- Collagen stimulation
- Volume in the filling of wrinkles
Hyaluronic acid – Reticle or uncrossinked?
Non-crosslinked hyaluronic acid is composed of uninhibited HA molecules, it is also called “free” because it is natural. It can be used to plump up the skin or get rid of fine lines. But it is mainly used for micro injection hydration in mesotherapy or with skin boosters.
Crosslinked hyaluronic acid forms a sort of mesh of HA molecules bonded to each other, the more it is crosslinked, the more its structure will be compact and durable. It is used mainly for filling and volume treatments.
– A highly crosslinked HA will be used thanks to its great plasticity to treat the valley of tears, cheekbones, cheeks or hollow temples
– A moderately reticulated HA will be used to modify the nasal bridge, to plump up the lips or to fill the nasolabial fold or superficial folds of bitterness.
– Finally, a weakly crosslinked HA will be used instead in the hydration of the skin and in the filling of shallow wrinkles.
Hyaluronic acid – With or without lidocaine ?
Lidocaine has a proven track record and is the most used anesthetic in the world.
The comfort that this anesthetic provides during the injection is undeniable. Moreover, there is evidence that lidocaine does not affect the longevity of treatment.
Sometimes, in rare cases, users may be hypersensitive to lidocaine.
Hyaluronic acid – Maintenance
Hyaluronic acid is absorbed fairly quickly and requires regular sessions. As the sessions progress, the effect of hyaluronic acid lasts longer and longer.
It is advisable to renew the injection of filling every six to nine months, sometimes less for the first treatments. Preferably, it is not expected that wrinkles or furrows reappear completely but we seek to maintain the results.
For remodeling and volumizing products (cross-linked HA) the effect often lasts longer, from 12 to 18 months depending on the products.
Hyaluronic acid – Side effects
Small redness and swelling may appear a few hours after the injection.
Sometimes the injected product can be felt under the skin at the level of the treated superficial wrinkles. This discomfort fades after a few days.
We could observe exceptionally:
- itching for a few weeks,
- blue cords,
- indurations, swelling and localized redness.
If necessary, it is possible to quickly dissolve the implanted hyaluronic acid by injecting a specific product: hyaluronidase.
According to the AFME (French Association of Aesthetic Medicine and anti-aging) the products are reliable and perfectly tolerated, if the product is well indicated and the treatment well done. The results are immediate and very satisfying.
Nevertheless there are rare cases of important contraindications such as:
- Hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid
- Hypersensitivity to lidocaine
- Active autoimmune diseases, sarcoidosis, scleroderma, immunosuppressive treatments ..
- Severe orthodontic care
- Pregnancies, or breastfeeding.
Injections are also contraindicated in the following cases:
- When there is an inflammation or a skin infection.
- If the zones have been previously treated
- If the injection is performed simultaneously with a laser treatment or strong peeling.
Hyaluronic acid – A natural effect
Aesthetic medicine and especially hyaluronic acid injections are intended to bring localized improvements, volume, rejuvenation, radiance and natural harmony to your face.
Its vocation is to beautify you and not to transform you!